1. Welcome to the Trustpower Mobile App (App). In these terms, “Trustpower” “we” or “us” means Mercury NZ Limited trading as Trustpower, and any reference to “you” or “your” refers to the App user.
Private Bag 12023
Tauranga Mail Centre
7. You may be required to provide personal information (such as identification or contact information) in order to take up offers displayed on the App. You agree that any registration information you give to Trustpower will be accurate, correct and up to date.
9. You agree that Trustpower may disclose your personal information (including but not limited to your name and contact details) to relevant authorities, any internet service provider that you use to access the App, and/or the applicable intellectual property rights holders (or their representatives) if Trustpower considers that you are infringing the intellectual property rights of any person.
10. All information on the App is protected by copyright.
11. You may not use any trade mark on this App without the prior written consent of Trustpower or the relevant trade mark owner.
12. You agree to indemnify Trustpower for the cost of any claims arising from your unauthorised use of the intellectual property on this App.
Sharing and using App content
13. You may not display or redistribute any images on the App, without the prior written consent of Trustpower.
14. You may display or redistribute other content on the App, provided that you do so in an appropriate and non-offensive manner at all times. If you display or redistribute any content you must credit the content back to us and provide a link to the App.
15. You may use the tools provided on the App to display or redistribute our content via email and social media, provided that you do so only in accordance with those tools.
16. We reserve the right to request, at any time and for any reason, that you remove any App content that you have shared outside the App, and you agree that you will immediately comply with any such request.
17. You may not use the App for any illegal activity.
18. You may not use any sort of data scraping or mining mechanism in relation to the content on the App.
Our liability to you
19. Trustpower will endeavour to keep this App secure and free of errors. However, to the extent permitted by New Zealand law, Trustpower will not be responsible for any and all damages or loss arising from the use of this App, including but not limited to;
(a) any loss or damage caused by viruses that may be transmitted to your device by use of the App. Trustpower expressly excludes any guarantees as to the security of the App and any use is at your own risk;
(b) any loss or damage arising from any errors in the information contained in the App;
(c) any incorrect pricing on the App. You acknowledge that the prices and information displayed on the App may not always be up to date pricing and information and are at all times subject to change; and
(d) any recommendations we make to you about the most suitable energy plan for your needs. Although we will try in good faith to recommend the plan most suited to you, you are responsible for monitoring your electricity usage and choosing the correct plan for your needs.
20. This limitation of liability applies to damages of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, loss of income, profit, data, property, and claims by third parties. However, this limitation and these terms and conditions do not affect any rights you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986.