For customer service queries:
0800 87 87 87
Or to join Trustpower now:
0800 36 98 45
© 2020 Trustpower
Roaming services are available if you are travelling outside of New Zealand and using your mobile phone. Take a look at the various mobile roaming options available below. For information about our national mobile plans and pricing, click here.
Our roaming charges differ depending on the country (and roaming zone) you are in. The table below provides information on which countries fall under which zone.
Note: there is no Zone 5.
When roaming in countries that are in Zones 1, 2 or 6 (see table above), Roaming Add On packs are available. We recommend purchasing Roaming Add Ons when roaming overseas as they provide you with packs full of data, minutes and texts, that keep you from going onto higher charges associated with roaming standard rates. You can add a pack prior to travelling or whilst travelling – to do so, simply go to the Trustpower App, available in the App Store and Google Play. Check out the Roaming Add On packs available below.
A Roaming Auto Allowance is automatically applied by us on your mobile plan should you be roaming in Zones 1, 2, or 6, and not have already purchased a Roaming Add On pack. A Roaming Auto Allowance costs $22 and includes 1GB of data, 200 minutes outgoing, 200 minutes incoming, and 200 texts. It is valid for 7 days from first use and will be applied up to 3 times ($22 cost each time) if needed to help keep you from going straight onto higher charges associated with roaming standard rates. You should have been automatically opted into this feature when you took up your mobile plan with us. You can opt in or out of Roaming Auto Allowance at any time via the Trustpower App, available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
See below Casual Roaming rates which will be applied if you do not purchase a roaming pack, or are in a country where roaming packs aren't available. The table below shows our roaming standard charges for each Zone.
• Zones 1, 2 and 6: voice and text rates apply as shown. For data, you will be charged $10 for every 200MB (up to 14 x 200MB) daily, before per megabyte data charges apply.
• All other Zones: standard rates apply for voice, text and data as shown.
• Voice Calls: charges for roaming apply regardless of whether the call is made to a fixed landline number or a mobile number, or whether the call is within the visited country, back to New Zealand, or to a third country.
• SMS/MMS: charges for roaming apply regardless of whether the message is sent back to NZ or somewhere else internationally.
• Voicemail: there are no charges for messages left on your voicemail service while roaming. There is however a charge to retrieve a voicemail while roaming - it will be charged at the standard per minute rate in the country you are in, unless you have an active roaming pack.
• All roaming charges are GST exempt.
• For more information and helpful tips about Roaming, click here.
Get 12 months HALF PRICE broadband*
*When you join on an eligible power and broadband bundle for a 24 month term. Exit fees, terms and conditions apply.
The process should take less than 10 minutes if you have all your information.
What information will help with signup?
You’ll be asked for your personal details, including your email address and phone numbers.
To make this process as fast as possible, you may wish to have details of your current provider/s, your account number, and name on the bill on hand.
You can ring us directly on
Find out more
8.30am - 8.00pm
Monday - Thursday
8.30am - 5.00pm
Give us your details and we can call you back at a time that suits.
We will get back to you within one business day.
Simply fill in your details and we can call you back.