Who can apply for the Heartland Community Fund?
We encourage charitable, community, education and not-for-profit groups and organisations to apply.
We will consider events, projects, initiatives, and organisations and groups that:
- Create a healthy community
- Care for the environment
- Bring the community together
- Keep the community safe
The Trustpower Heartland Community Fund is open to groups who are located within The Lines Company’s network area, outlined on the map below:
There are three funding periods a year:
- March: opens 1 March, closes 31 March.
- July: opens 1 July, closes 31 July.
- November: opens 1 November, closes 30 November.
Applications for each round must be made using the official application form, and be received by the last day of that month.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the following month. Successful applicants may also be posted on Trustpower's website, social media pages, and other communications.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
- Applications must fall within the stipulated criteria to be considered.
- Each applicant is eligible for a maximum of two contributions per calendar year.
- There must be no conflict of interest existing between the applicant group and the provider of the goods and services.
- The purpose of the funding must be ‘future focused’, not retrospective.
- Quotes supplied for each expense must be comparable.
- Expenses must be incurred within New Zealand with the exception of items purchased overseas that are not available in New Zealand.
- At its sole discretion, Trustpower may ask for evidence to show funds have been used for their intended purpose, and if not, such funds are to be repaid.
- Heartland will not consider any applications that request funding for individuals, teams, prize money, salaries/wages, building maintenance, insurance, fuel costs or anything required to be carried out as part of a government-funded contract.
- As a guideline for how much to apply for, each grant usually ranges from around $200 to $2,000.
Other information for applicants
- There is no restriction on the number of times groups can apply for funding, but it is limited to two successful applications per calendar year.
- An evaluation panel made up of representatives from Trustpower considers all applications and decides who receives funding.
For more information, please email: email@example.com