1. Welcome to the Trustpower Limited website (Site). In these terms, “Trustpower” “we” or “us” means Trustpower Limited, and any reference to “you” or “your” refers to the Site user.
Private Bag 12023
Tauranga Mail Centre
6. You may be required to provide personal information (such as identification or contact information) in order to take up offers displayed on the Site. You agree that any registration information you give to Trustpower will be accurate, correct and up to date.
8. You agree that Trustpower may disclose your personal information (including but not limited to your name and contact details) to relevant authorities, any internet service provider that you use to access the Site, and/or the applicable intellectual property rights holders (or their representatives) if Trustpower considers that you are infringing the intellectual property rights of any person.
9. All information on the Site is protected by copyright.
10. You may not use any trade mark on this Site without the prior written consent of Trustpower or the relevant trade mark owner.
11. You agree to indemnify Trustpower for the cost of any claims arising from your unauthorised use of the intellectual property on this Site.
Sharing and using site content
12. You may not display or redistribute any images on the Site, without the prior written consent of Trustpower.
13. You may display or redistribute other content on the Site, provided that you do so in an appropriate and non-offensive manner at all times. If you display or redistribute any content you must credit the content back to us and provide a link to the Site.
14. You may use the tools provided on the Site to display or redistribute our content via email and social media, provided that you do so only in accordance with those tools.
15. We reserve the right to request, at any time and for any reason, that you remove any Site content that you have shared outside the Site, and you agree that you will immediately comply with any such request.
16. You may not use the Site for any illegal activity.
17. You may not use any sort of data scraping or mining mechanism in relation to the content on the Site.
Our liability to you
18. Trustpower will endeavour to keep this Site secure and free of errors. However, to the extent permitted by New Zealand law, Trustpower will not be responsible for any damages arising from the use of this Site, including;
(a) any loss or damage caused by viruses that may be transmitted to your computer by use of the Site. Trustpower expressly excludes any guarantees as to the security of the Site and any use is at your own risk;
(b) any loss or damage arising from any errors in the information contained in the Site;
(c) any incorrect pricing on the Site. You acknowledge that the prices displayed on the Site may not always be up to date pricing and are at all times subject to change; and
(d) any recommendations we make to you about the most suitable energy plan for your needs. Although we will try in good faith to recommend the plan most suited to you, you are responsible for monitoring your electricity usage and choosing the correct plan for your needs.
19. This limitation of liability applies to damages of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, loss of income, profit, data, property and claims by third parties.
1. This policy governs the use of your personal information by Trustpower Limited (Trustpower).
3. If you have any questions regarding our privacy statement or wish to view or amend the personal information that we hold about you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address:
Private Bag 12023
Tauranga Mail Centre
4. You may be required to provide personal information (such as credit card, identification or contact information, or information about your energy usage) for the following purposes:
• to register for or to administer your account;
• to sign-up for or amend the services you receive from us;
• to help us determine the best energy or telecommunications solutions for you; or
• to request more information from us.
5. You have the right to know why your personal information is being collected at the time of collection.
6. You agree that any information you give to Trustpower will be accurate, correct and up to date, and that when acting on behalf of a business or another person, you are authorised to give such information to us.
7. Please be aware that we may record telephone conversations that we have with you so that we may maintain accurate records of our dealings with you. We may also use taped recordings to train our staff or to monitor the level of service that we are providing to you. We will always remind you prior to a conversation that we may be recording it.
Passwords and account security
8. If you register for online access to your account(s) you will be required to choose a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with your account. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third party and that you will be solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account, whether or not you have authorised such activities or actions. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or of your account, you must notify Trustpower immediately at email@example.com.
Access to and correction of your personal information
9. You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, and request that we amend it if it is incorrect. You must inform us if any of your personal information changes, to ensure that the details we hold about you are up to date and correct.
Use and disclosure of information
11. We may use or disclose your personal information:
• to correspond with you about issues regarding your account(s) and the services you receive from us;
• to send you updates or news regarding our site and the services we provide to you (including to recommend other goods and services of ours or of third parties, that we think you will find useful);
• for credit assessment or debt recovery purposes (including for supplying credit information to credit reporting agencies in accordance with the Credit Reporting Privacy Code);
• if we are required to do so in accordance with industry reconciliation or switching rules;
• if the network owner requires information for the purposes of operating the network or to communicate with you;
• if a reputable market research organisation requires information about you for the purpose of conducting market research, or contacting you;
• if we wish to pass on rebates or discounts to you;
• to send you your bills by whatever medium you prefer;
• to any internet service provider that you use to access the Site;
• to the applicable intellectual property rights holders (or their representatives) if Trustpower considers that you are infringing the intellectual property rights of any person; or
• if we are obliged to by law.
12. You may choose not to receive marketing or promotional emails by changing your preferences in the My Account section of the site.
Security of information
13. Trustpower has electronic and physical security measures in place to protect against the loss, access, misuse and, alteration and/or unauthorised disclosure of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while Trustpower strives to do everything reasonably possible to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to Trustpower and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
14. At your request, Trustpower will discard its records of your personal information once they are no longer required.
15. If you choose to pay your bills online, our online payment requires you to use the Payment Express system. By using this payment method we do not need to record any of your credit card details, although for convenience you can choose to save your information for future payments. Your payment details are not held by Trustpower but by Payment Express. For more information on this payment system, go to www.paymentsexpress.com.
16. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer's hard drive, then sent back to the server by your browser each time you access certain sections of the site.
Use of your information by third parties
19. We allow third-party companies, including AddThis and Google, to collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services (including our goods and services) likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information.
20. We also use the information provided by the Google Analytics Remarketing and Impressions services, to better target our online advertising. These services report to us how our online advertisements are used and viewed.
21. To learn more about these advertising practices, you can visit www.networkadvertising.org or www.google.com/analytics.
Links to other sites
Unsolicited emails or direct mail
23. Trustpower does not use the personal details it collects as a source for unsolicited emails or unsolicited postal mail. We will not use your information to send you marketing or promotional material unless you have specifically consented to this.
24. Should you wish to make public comments or statements about the products or services we provide you, or the relationship we have with you, we reserve the right to make such public comments as may be necessary to respond or correct any misconceptions or errors of fact. If you make any public comments about your account then you agree to us replying as we think appropriate using the information that we have about your account.
Residents outside of New Zealand
25. Our site can be accessed by people all over the world, in different countries with different laws. Other jurisdictions may have different laws regarding the storage and use of your personal information. By visiting our site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed for the purposes identified in this policy. In addition, such data may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction, which may have less stringent privacy practices than your own. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.