Waverley Wind Farm
TrustPower has been investigating the development of a wind farm on the coast of South Taranaki, approximately 7km south-west of Waverley and 6km south-east of Patea since it secured development rights to the site in July 2010.
A number of technical and environmental studies have been completed to support a resource consent application for the development and now TrustPower is engaged with consulting the wider South Taranaki community about the proposed project. TrustPower plans to lodge a resource consent application to the Taranaki Regional Council and South Taranaki District Council before April 2014.
For more information about the community consultation phase, please click here.
For more information about the project, please click on the links below.
- Archaeology Draft for Consultation
- Birds Draft for Consultation
- Geotechnical Assessment Draft for Consultation
- Waverley Wind Farm Landscape Assessment Draft
- Recreation and Tourism Assessment Draft for Consultation
- Terrestrial and Freshwater Ecology Assessment Draft for Consultation
- Economic Assessment of the Waverley Wind Farm
For copies of the Traffic Assesment Drafts for Consultation click here.
Contact for Waverley Wind Farm community consultation team
Lead Environmental Advisor
(07) 574 4888 ext 4522
021 472 507
Media and communications queries for Waverley Wind Farm
Community Relations Coordinator
07 572 8381
021 220 8894
Private Bag 12023
Tauranga Mail Centre
Phone: 0800 87 87 87